With dedication, initiative and a good resume, it is possible to get a job before graduation or leave college and enter the job market directly. See the premium tips.
According to a survey by the New York Federal Reserve, 86% of young people enter college expecting to improve their chances of employment. But, 44% could not find job opportunities.
Table of contents:
- 6 ways to get a job before graduation
- Invest in extracurricular activities
- Ask your college for help
- Spend time navigating the online job search engines
- Go after strategic contacts
- Make your network
- Takes the initiative
Are you in higher education, and want some advice to help you looking for a job even get a job before graduation?
Check out the 6 ways to get one of the jobs for recent college graduates for which you have great potential.
6 ways to get a job before graduation
1. Invest in extracurricular activities
Think about extracurricular activities in addition to college studies, such as:
- Improving knowledge and qualification by participating in online courses;
- Participating in internships for college students to get practical experience in corporate environments;
- Attending conferences and congresses.
2. Ask your college for help
In your college, there’re two important things.
- Look for excellent sources of contact and recommendations from teachers.
- Visit the job or internship agency at university. Get the tips about CV, how to find a job after college, and how to make a good first impression.
Read more: 7 Tips to get your dream job now!
3. Spend time navigating the online job search engines
There are lots of online opportunities for USA jobs search, and you can find a lot of jobs for college graduates in places like:
- Facebook groups;
- Career pages of company websites.
4. Go after strategic contacts
If you are looking for jobs after graduation in a specific company or a particular sector of the market, look for people who are already in these spaces.
They can give you advice and tips to find recent graduate jobs.
If this is not possible, contact recruitment consultants and professionals who can help you design an individualized career path. So, you will be able to search for new graduate jobs easily.
5. Make your network
If you’re looking for jobs for graduate students, let people know about it, whether it’s family, friends, neighbors, former colleagues.
Prepare for new job openings, as they can come at any time through the right contacts.
Use your LinkedIn profile, and take advantage of the visibility of the digital world to spread your professional profile through various online venues.
6. Takes the initiative
Do executive job search for fresh graduate jobs daily, explore the digital world, stay tuned for new job vacancies, show commitment, and undertake internships.
These are some attitudes that a student trying to get a job before graduation has to have.